Re: [css4-images] conic gradients is misnamed possibly was(First draft of css4-images, feedback requested)

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 23:05:26 +1000
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 7/08/2012 10:02 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> * Added conic-gradient() function

If the first value is emitted then spec states that it defaults to 'at
center'. As I understand so far, the cone appearance would not happen.

What I imagine you would have are solid color blocks (or transition of
interpolation) that fan around the center. This demo by Divya [2] could
be done with only two gradients. One would be a radial gradient (layered
on top) but the other gradient is not what I would describe as something
of a cone shape.

You could even create gradients that look like a fan.

1. http://nimbu.in/unplugged/demos/gradient.html

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/