From: rocallahan@gmail.com [mailto:rocallahan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:07 PM
To: www-style@gtalbot.org
Cc: www-style; Shane Stephens
Subject: Re: [cssom-view] value of scrollLeft in RTL situations is completely busted across browsers

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org<mailto:www-style@gtalbot.org>> wrote:
> In IE9, scrollLeft=0 corresponds to the rightmost scrolled position but
> scrollLeft increases as you scroll from right to left!
I believe IE9 behavior is the most intuitive.

I agree with Shane Stephen's comment:

I'm willing to change Gecko's behavior (although if the change breaks a lot of stuff, we'd have to change it back). But I'd like to hear from Opera and Webkit people whether they're willing to change.

Rob
--
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. ... If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]