Re: box-sizing + intrinsic dimensions

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:10:04 -0700
To: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Tuesday 2012-08-07 12:39 -0700, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-ui/#box-sizing0
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-writing-modes/#intrinsic-sizing
>
> How should box-sizing affect things that are sized based off intrinsic
> dimensions? Using a box-sizing other than content-box does weird things.

I think the basic answer should be that when the intrinsic sizing
keywords are used, setting 'box-sizing' to different values
shouldn't cause any change in the width.

Depending on how 'box-sizing' interacts with the used value of the
'width' property, this may mean that the used value of 'width' needs
to change in order to prevent the width from changing.

-David