Re: [css3-conditional] navigator.supportsCSS rather than window.supportsCSS

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 09:39:28 -0700
To: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Cc: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>, www-style@w3.org
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> The eternal debate between short names and naming conventions =D
>
> I've always been a Windows guy, I can't bear ambigous names for the sake of
> brievty (PHP's strstr anyone?). As it's actually a matter of taste, I will
> not fuel this debate anymore after this mail: I'll let you do a poll during
> your next telcon instead ^^

There is certainly a point when terseness impairs readability
("strstr" doesn't even *mean* anything).  One must always keep in mind
that the goal is user-friendliness, both in writing and reading, and
this requires a balance between being explicit and being terse.  I
don't think anything I've suggested crosses the "too terse to read"
boundary. ^_^