Re: [css4-images] element() behavior

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> We were also wondering if we should take this farther, and actually
> require the element to be a stacking context in reality, as it might
> let us reuse existing rendering more often.

That would definitely help implementations. However, it might be rather
confusing for authors, and potentially even quite limiting. So I'm not in
favour of it.

Having implementations treat the target element as if it is a stacking
context when rendering it for element() is simple for authors and I think
it can be implemented well enough.

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]