W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > August 2012

[css3-grid-layout] Suggestions for terminology amendments (additional!)

From: Mark Boulton <mark@markboulton.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 13:29:00 +0000
Message-Id: <FDC230EF-B3E8-4102-953B-0CDF96202DA5@markboulton.co.uk>
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Just spotted another terminology mismatch.


Here: 'The baseline of an inline Grid element is the bottom edge of the margin box.'

This is confusing. A Baseline  in design terms  is a typographic measurement (the bottom of a character). In grid design there is such a thing as a 'baseline grid'  a grid comprised of a vertical division of space according to the type size from baseline to baseline. Unless I'm confused, I don't think is what this definition is referring to.
Received on Thursday, 2 August 2012 13:33:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 2 May 2016 14:39:02 UTC