Re: [css3-sizing] fill-available in block direction and infinite size

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:34:07 -0700
To: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Cc: CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:36 AM, François REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Given the definition of available size:
>
>> available size The space into which a box is laid out, typically either a
>> measurement of its containing block or an infinite size.
>
> and the definition of fill-available (extent):
>
>> fill-available extent Roughly, the extent a box would take if it filled its
>> available extent.
>
> I’m asking myself the question: what should be the size of a BODY whose
> height is set to fill-available? Infinite? How can we deal with this?

What fantasai said - the real definition is lower down. (They haven't
been properly linked up yet.)

The proper definition refers to the containing block explicitly.  The
containing block of <body> is either <html> or the initial containing
block.  The ICB is indeed 100vh tall, so yeah, "body { height:
fill-available; }" will typically mean it becomes 100vh tall.