Re: Downloading specifications and comparing differences

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:39:05 -0700
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:
> Le 01/08/2012 11:06, Lea Verou a écrit :
>> There is a public CVS repository with all the CSS specs [1]. You can track
>> the commits there to track changes. For convenience, there is an automated
>> mailing list posting these commits [2], as well as a twitter feed [3].
>>
>> [1]:http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/csswg/
>> [2]:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-commits/
>> [3]:https://twitter.com/csscommits
>
> Didn’t the CSSWG switch to mercurial recently?
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/

Yes, we switched over.

Note that the hg web view is *really* unusable.  If you want the
commits to a particular spec, visit that link, then hit "Files" at the
top, then "files" next to the spec you want, then "revisions" on the
file you want.  We author the Overview.src.html file directly, and
generate the Overview.html file from it, so you usually want to look
at our source file instead to avoid spurious changes from the
generation.

(If you want to see a particular revision, use Overview.html.  Hit
"file" next to the revision you want, then hit "Raw" at the top of the
page.)

> Apparently twitter.com/csscommits links there, but the public-css-commits
> list stopped in March.

I know. :/  It screwed up my RSS feed.  I'll spend some time fixing
this soonish.