Re: [selectors4][css3-syntax] an+b corner case

Le 30/04/2012 19:55, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu
> <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>  wrote:
>> >  I think this prose should be written to have a dependency on css3-syntax
>> >  or perhaps css3-syntax could just take over it.
> Nah, this can be handled solely using the CSS2.1 Grammar, it just
> needs more prose thrown at it.

I can’t find the message anymore, but I remember a suggestion of
serializing tokens back to a CSS string, and re-parsing an+b with a
different lexer/parser.

I think it would work well. For example, 2n-1 and 2n/**/-1 are made of
different tokens but would be serialized back to the same string, once
the comments are removed.

--
Simon Sapin