Re: [css-variables] Maintain link between var declaration and use

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:05:55 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> > In order to align variable declaration and use the format var-* may
> > suffice, or, as has been proposed in the past, using a special
> > character to denote variables as in @var-*.
>
> Can you elaborate?  I understand what you're saying in the first
> paragraph, but don't know what you're suggesting in the second.

Yeah, that wasn’t very clear probably. I just played with two possible
solutions, one being “var-foo” for definition and also “var-foo” for
usage, the other one being “@var-foo” for definition and “@var-foo”
for usage. Both solutions would use the same pattern for declaration
and use though, addressing the original concern.

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/