W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > April 2012

Re: [css3-text] overflow-wrap vs word-wrap

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 06:39:27 +0800
Message-ID: <4F9DC31F.8050501@csail.mit.edu>
To: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
By the way, I would like to ask a dumb question here: if we can rename
'word-wrap', why can't we fold this property into a value of
'word-break', say, 'word-break: overflow;'?

It's been a year and half since the first time I read this spec, and I
am still very often confused by these various line breaking properties.
Correct me if I am wrong, there are four right?

* 'line-break'
* 'word-break'
* 'overflow-wrap'
* 'text-wrap'

Am I missing something?

Received on Sunday, 29 April 2012 22:39:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 2 May 2016 14:38:58 UTC