Re: [css3-flexbox] What types of box-tree fixup can occur?

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>
> wrote:
>> On 26/01/2012 00:14, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>>
>>> Flexbox has to worry about box-tree fixup so it can properly wrap
>>> things in anonymous flexbox items when appropriate, and reorder things
>>> via flex-order. I'm currently explicitly handling two types of
>>> box-tree fixup - table-fixup and block-in-inline fixup - but I'm not
>>> sure if I'm catching everything, or if there are more generic hooks I
>>> can use to ensure that flexboxes play nicely with future extensions to
>>> CSS.
>>>
>>> For clarity, I have currently specified that table-fixup occurs
>>> *before* flexbox does its thing, but block-in-inline fixup occurs
>>> *after*. This appears to be consistent with how these two fixup steps
>>> occur in block layout, based on the limited testing I've done so far.
>>

>> Interesting. Could you elaborate on what you mean about performing
>> block-in-inline fixup after block layout does its thing?
>
> I didn't say that, so I'm confused about what the question is. ^_^
> Rephrase?

Then I guess I'm confused by what /you/ were saying :-)

I read you as saying: table fixup occurs before flexbox does its thing,
but block-in-inline fixup occurs after [flexbox does its thing].  This
appears to be consistent with s/flexbox/block layout/.

... which leads to "block-in-inline fixup occurs after block layout does
its thing".

Could you clarify?  (It's not a particularly important point; I just found
this aspect of flexbox interesting.)

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net