Re: [css3-values] inaccurate statements about syntax/grammar

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:37:45 -0700
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Cc: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
Heya Kenny!

Below are our responses to the issues you raised in this thread.

Issue 19: 'font-family' allows use of 'inherit' keyword in some circumstances
Closed as OutOfScope -  this is actually a 2.1 issue, and we'll raise
it as appropriate.  In particular, the current sentence in the Fonts
chapter "The keywords 'initial' and 'default' are reserved for future
use and must also be quoted when used as font names." should be
amended to say "when used in font names".

Issue 20: Several grammar nits around numbers
The part about signs on numbers is still Open - we'd prefer to fix
this in 2.1 directly.  We'll file an issue on 2.1 about this.  (This
is already fixed in my new Syntax spec, but until that advances we
can't rely on it officially.)

The part about extraneous mention of whitespace in function value
syntax is Accepted by just removing the extraneous references.

Please let us know if these are acceptable!

~TJ