Re: [css3-page] Error in grammar of section 3.4.1

From: Werner Donné <werner.donne@pincette.biz>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:41:37 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

I have one more remark about the production you propose. It is, of course, correct, but it isn't LL, because there is a choice conflict between the two groups. It is also not easy to transform into an LL(k) production, because the required number of look-ahead tokens is infinite. I don't know if LL is a requirement, but it would rule out a top-down parser if it isn't. Flute, for example, is implemented with JavaCC, which expects an LL(k) grammar.

Best regards,

Handling your documents with care, wherever you are.