Re: [css-selectors] :contains()

From: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:58:31 +0200
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
> Ah, okay. The explamation mark is the subject selector see
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#subject
Ah, that's a great enhancement. Didn't notice that before.

> This is what makes it possible to match elements based on the aspects of
> an elements children, but since it is already a feature of the next
> selectors spec, I just dont think we need to duplicate similar
> functionality inside the :contains selector.
Agree. As I understand the subject selector will make :contains( <selector> ) unnecessary.

> Technically you will also miss the opportunity to match 'word' in
So :contains() could really be restricted to text nodes, if we agree not to be able to cover that use case (which could still be covered in a later enhancement).
Sounds acceptable to me.

Sebastian