Re: [css3-regions] auto widths and heights of regions

On Apr 18, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

> Note that part of this new section is related to one of the concerns about
> generating regions. The question of "what happens if there is too much
> content for the region chain" can be addressed in continuous media by
> making the last region in the chain height:auto. That's not a complete
> solution, but this seemed to me to be a necessary first step.

If an author didn't do that, and the last box had a limited height, then I think it would be reasonable for excess content to move I to the regular (non-region) flow. In other words, breaks would not be ignored in the last box, and for region-overflow:break (which should be the initial value), excess content on the final region _would _be rendered, because it would break into the normal flow.