Re: Concern about -webkit-mask

-webkit-mask-image is identical to SVG's definition of mask: convert RGB to
luminance and multiply with the alpha.
Looking at all the keywords to support this property [1], it seems that
more is needed to control the mask than just referring to a URI.

Rik

[1]:  http://www.webkit.org/blog/181/css-masks/