RE: [css3-flexbox] Taking Flexbox to last call

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 19:48:08 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
± From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]
± Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 1:20 PM
±
± I'd like to request that we take Flexbox to Last Call at our next
± telcon.
±
± There have been no new feature requests in months, and no large or
± even medium corrections or change suggestions in the same.  The spec
± is clearly "stable" from a WG perspective, with only small issues
± remaining that are appropriate to address during the LC period (I'm
± trying to resolve the ones that are currently open now, and can
± probably do so before we even publish).
±
± I don't see how any benefit can accrue from keeping the spec in WD
± longer at this point, and I'd like it to drop into CR in time for IE10
± to go prefix-less alongside the other browsers.

I certainly agree it is time to get to LC. Over the last two month we had very few issues raised that would affect LC status (such as naming), I am confident that we have had enough discussion to resolve those and move to next step.

Alex