Re: [css3-syntax] "bad" tokens (was: Reviving the spec, starting with the parser)

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:29:35 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

CSS21 defines BAD_STRING, BAD_URI and BAD_COMMENT tokens in terms of
regular expressions, but they are not mentioned anywhere else. All I
could do was reverse-engineer the regular expression and guess how these
tokens could happen, what was their purpose, and what to do with them.

This draft got rid of BAD_STRING and BAD_COMMENT (which is good), but
BAD_URI remains (renamed).

I suppose this will be in the part of the spec that is not written yet,
but what should a parser do with a bad-url token?

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin