Re: [css4-ui] ::tooltip

From: Divya Manian <manian@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:18:16 -0700
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, Lea Verou <leaverou@gmail.com>
On 4/11/12 9:21 PM, "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:

>Ideally we should have one mechanism that covers all use cases, not two
>of them.
>
>This for example:
>
>    div[title] -> :tooltip { background:gold; font-size: x-large;  }
>
>does exactly as yours:
>
>   div[title]::tooltip { background:gold; font-size: x-large;  }

No it does not. You are asking for completely different set of features
from what Lea did. All Lea suggests we have is a way to style the tooltips
that browsers show on <abbr> or image elements. You are suggesting we add
a state to an existing element that somehow becomes a tooltip by some
magic (how?)

These are not use cases for the same "feature" and need to be talked about
separately.