Re: [css3-background] blending on 'box-shadow' and 'text-shadow'

So, basically, you want to be able to target:

- The text
- The text shadow
- Any image, anywhere images are allowed
- border
- The box shadow
- outline
- ...

That would mean that if you go the keyword way, you'd have to change the
definition of A LOT of basic properties, as well as many future
properties. Pretty much everything that uses <image> or <color> could
benefit from it.

I think a function that returns an <image> and another that returns a
<color> would be the best options. Of course, there is the gradient
problem, but you just need to extend the definition of blending modes to
cover that case. I guess it must be quite similar to how something
behaves with a blending mode + transparency. However, I have no idea if
that would be possible to implement efficiently. It seems that blending
modes on shadows were already challenging.

Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)