[css3-background] blending on 'box-shadow' and 'text-shadow'

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:52:09 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

I'm currently working on the blending specification (
and someone brought up that a very common use case for blending is drop
Some of our applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign set
the shadow to multiply by default since it provides a more pleasing
appearance that can't be done with simple alpha blending. See
http://css-tricks.com/dont-use-black-for-shadows/ for a discussion on why
this is.

Would there be interest in an additional keyword to specify blending to
'box-shadow' or 'text-shadow'?
the syntax could look like:

box-shadow: 64px 64px 12px 40px rgba(0,0,0,0.4) multiply