Re: tinycss: a new CSS parser for Python

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 20:40:42 +0200
To: Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Le 06/04/2012 20:13, Jerome Leclanche a écrit :
> Scss is a superset of css, and has few changes from its main syntax. It
> does, however, support $foo: <value>; variables and things such as
> width: 10px / 2; The main syntax difference is nested rules ( #foo { p {
> color: red; }} )
>
> See http://www.kaelig.fr/bettersassdocs/
>
> It might be an interesting project to support scss if you want to have a
> very extensible parser :)

It would be doable but I don’t need this myself so I won’t work on it.
(What would you do with a parsed SCSS tree in Python, rather than
translating it to CSS with the ruby implementation?)

But if someone wants to add new capabilities to tinycss (SCSS or
otherwise) I will gladly help and add hooks in the base parser class
when they are needed; and accept patches to add optional parser modules.

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin