Re: [css4-values] Global Keywords 'normal', 'auto', 'none', 'default'

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 16:17:11 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 04/03/2012 10:11 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> I also agree with 'none', though not quite how you phrase it - I think
> all list-valued properties should have a value that means "do
> nothing".  Many of them already use 'none' for precisely that value,
> which is fine, but we can go ahead and make it global.

I don't think it's helpful to make it global. Then we have to distinguish
between list and non-list properties, and there are other non-list properties
that take the value 'none'... etc. It's more like auto and normal -- commonly
used keywords that mean different things depending on their context. And I
think it's better to just leave that up to individual properties to specify.

~fantasai