Re: Selectors 4 and Variables

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:27:35 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 09/30/2011 09:59 AM, François REMY wrote:
> This problem can also be solved by using a "var()" function for variables inside property values.
>
> Just a thought.

Yes, I would prefer this. :) It means we can use vendor extensions for experimentation,
and it means $ is available for more syntactic substitutions (either via CSS or via
another layer, as is currently done).

Although I don't mind changing Selectors as well, since I'm not particularly attached
to using $.

~fantasai