Re: Suggestion: Realtime/time and date based transitions

On 27/9/11 11:23, Gabriel Zackari wrote:
> Sorry if this has been up before.
>
> *Suggestion:*
>
> Ability to set a  real-time based start and end for a transition/CSS
> at a certain time during the day.
> And even date.
>
> *Example: *
>
> Clock and/or even Date values could be set to trigger a transition.
>
> *Why:*
>
> This would allow users to have time based website designs.
>
> At night a website could change to a dark theme.
> Adult type content and ads containing violince etc could be displayed
> only after a certain time.
> You could make a CSS clock by timing the transition to a real clock.
>
> Opening hours of events could be displayed.
>
> /Gabriel
This could be a good idea, but I think it calls more for a selector
(pseudo-class in particular), rather than a property value. Something
like :date(2011-9-27 11:40) or :date(9-27 11:40) or :date(11:40) etc.
Then you could use this selector to kick-start animations or whatever.

--
Lea Verou (http://leaverou.me | @LeaVerou)