Re: [css3-animations] Multiple animations affecting the same property

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:17:35 +0200, Sebastian Markbåge
<sebastian@calyptus.eu> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:36:15 +0200, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-**animations/#animations<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#animations>
>>>
>>> "In the case of multiple animations specifying behavior for the same
>>> property, the animation defined last will override the previously
>>> defined
>>> animations."
>>>
>>> I found this rather unclear. It should probably say something like
>>>
>>> "If at one point in time there are multiple animations specifying
>>> behavior
>>> for the same property, the animation whose name occurs last in the
>>> value of
>>> 'animation-name' will override the other animations at that point."
>>>

>> Actually, might need to qualify that sentence further, since it should
>> presumably only be about animations that actually apply (are associated
>> with
>> valid keyframes).

> (1) Additionally, it should be defined what should happen if one
> animation
> defines properties for part of an animation. E.g. what happens if a
> last-named animation specifies a property at 50% but not before that? Is
> it
> overriding the other animations at 0% or 50%?

Right, good point. There is a note to "describe what happens if a property
is not present in all keyframes", but even if this is resolved it might
not necessarily make it clear how the overriding behavior is affected.

Just noticed another missing detail: The last-named animation should only
override the other animations *for the particular property in question*.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA