Re: [css3-page] Rules for Pagination into Varying-Width Pages

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:39:28 -0700
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Rules:
>
>  * Layout is performed per-page, with each page continuing
>    progress from the breakpoint on the previous page, but
>    recalculating sizes assuming an initial containing block
>    of the current page size.
>  * Intrinsic sizes are calculated and maintained across the
>    entire element. Where an ICB size is needed, assume an
>    initial containing block of the starting page's size.

I'm probably reading these incorrectly, but these two points seem to
be in conflict.  #1 says to recalculate sizes based on the current
page size.  #2 says intrinsic sizes are maintained across the entire
element, and use the ICB of the starting page's size.  I'm guessing #1
excludes intrinsic sizes?

Doesn't the ICB affect media queries?  What happens if the second page
is narrower, which triggers a MQ which significantly changes the
layout?