Re: when do transitions occur?

On Thursday 2011-09-15 08:38 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> That's weird.  I *had* a definition for gradient transitions in Images
> >> 3, but I also had a definition for generic <image>s, and they were
> >> kicked to level 4 at the same time.  I dunno why Transitions would
> >> reference only gradients.
> >
> > The TR-page draft is quite old; the reference to background-image
> > being animatable at all has been dropped from the editor's draft for
> > quite a while.
>
> Right; it's just odd that it ever got into such a state.  I'm not sure
> if Image Values was ever in an in-between state where I defined how to
> transition gradients but not general images.

At the time it was published, image values didn't define anything
related to transitions, animations, or interpolation of values.  The
definition was simply the one under the "Animation of property
types" section (6) of transitions.

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂