Re: when do transitions occur?

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:58:11 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:38:21 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
> wrote:
>> On Thursday 2011-09-15 08:12 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> animatable, this WD suggests it is somewhat supported...
>>> That's weird.  I *had* a definition for gradient transitions in Images
>>> 3, but I also had a definition for generic <image>s, and they were
>>> kicked to level 4 at the same time.  I dunno why Transitions would
>>> reference only gradients.
>> The TR-page draft is quite old; the reference to background-image
>> being animatable at all has been dropped from the editor's draft for
>> quite a while.
> Right; it's just odd that it ever got into such a state.  I'm not sure
> if Image Values was ever in an in-between state where I defined how to
> transition gradients but not general images.

The Transitions spec itself makes some attempt at defining it (this part
has not been dropped from the ED).

"gradient: interpolated via the positions and colors of each stop. They
must have the same type (radial or linear) and same number of stops in
order to be animated."

Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA