Re: suggestion of adding top,right,bottom,right to box-shadow

Sorry, I was thinking that instead of specifying a shadow just for top and
bottom, it would be more in keeping the concept of a shadow to change its
shape. So, to have a "top and bottom shadow", give it more height and less
width that the object whose shadow it is.

Thinking about the original post, perhaps it would be better to be able to
specify blur radius and/or spread on different sides?

Something like:

box-shadow: 0 0 black; /* No offset, no blur, no spread: shadow is
effectively invisible */
box-shadow-blur-radius: 20px 0 0 20px; /* blur two edges, keep other two
crisp */
box-shadow-blur-spread: 20px 0 0 20px; /* stretch out top and left, keep
bottom and right at 0 */

That would give crisp lines on right and bottom, and blurry edges on left
and top.

Mark Kenny
beingmrkenny.co.uk
@beingmrkenny