Re: [css] Proposal: making Shorthand Hex Colors even shorter (16 grayscale shades)

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:00:15 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>
Tab Atkins Jr.:

> As for 1-digit grays, I no longer think they're a good idea.

Me neither, although I would have been fine with them, had they existed in level 2.0 or earlier.

I think they would fit nicely in a new module, though: CSS Preprocessing, a module not suitable for browsers. That would also have variables, constants, mixins, selector nesting and all that crazy stuff that’s just to mean on backwards compatibility or real-time rendering.