Re: Proposing content-hidden for background-image and img content

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
> What about borrowing the current terminology from HTML5, and calling it:
> "content: transparent;"
> The transparent keyword would only apply to the element (not the pseudo
> element, which is already
> covered by inhibit and other flags).

What would content:transparent do?  In HTML "transparent" is just a
term for the semantics of some elements.

(We've also discussed a display:transparent that would be thematically
similar to HTML's notion of "transparent" - the element wouldn't
generate a box in the box tree (similar to display:none), but its
children still would.)