Re: [css3-regions] iframe as content source

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  Seamless iframe has been suggested, but there is a difference. Seamless
> iframe is actually transparent for styling, it is intended to be equivalent
> to literally inserting the content into the master document, while what we
> want for indirect flow is the flow looking and behaving as if it was the
> document being shown in paged media – styled exactly as author intended for
> the content, with no interaction with styling of the template.

True. Well, if the content is being flowed into arbitrary container shapes
then it's not necessarily being styled "exactly as the author intended", but
OK.

But it seems that what you want is basically "seamless" minus the first two
CSS features here:
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete.html#attr-iframe-seamless
is it not?

If so, then extending or modifying "seamless" with more control over how
styles in the outer document affect the inner document seems like the way to
go.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our