Re: [whatwg] add html-attribute for "responsive images"

Am 06.09.2011 um 12:49 schrieb Karl Dubost:

> Ashley, Anselm,
>
> Le 6 sept. 2011 à 08:36, Ashley Sheridan a écrit :
>> Yes, but the point is, the alternative images you may want to display for visitors on a smaller screen/resolution could be completely different from the original image (cropped shot not showing all the detail, etc).
> Yes already happening with background images with not text alt at all. So let's say it is progress.
>
> Le 6 sept. 2011 à 09:07, Anselm Hannemann - Novolo Designagentur a écrit :
>> by the way, how should we work with your solution, Karl, and a CMS or CSS files from a static domain? Is no one building a dynamic site?
>
> could you clarify?

How exactly can I create a dynamic CMS website today with responsive images?
I could manage my CSS file with my CMS which most of them don't support. I could minify the CSS on the fly but in reality and from performance view it's recommended to serve a static css file from a cookieless domain (which is another than where my CMS is located). If I would use a CDN additionally how should I change images on the fly? And, a client wants to change an image in a WSIWYG editor not in a raw css file. We won't either as he can destroy the entire stylesheet. I hope you now understand better what I mean.

-Anselm