Re: [css3-*] Defining support for the inherit keyword

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:47:01 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 10/29/2011 05:43 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * fantasai wrote:
>> I agree with bzbarsky, and that's why my preference is for each module to
>> define it in the values and interactions section at the top.
>
> Just to be clear, are you saying each of the dozens of modules should
> explicitly say "inherit" and "initial" and so on are implied, or would
> it be sufficient to have, say, some meta-module on how to read the many
> modules that defines this which is then referenced from the modules?
> Say a module that define the Value lines along with what `||` and `&&`
> mean, that says "inherit", "initial", etc. are for all properties? And
> would it be necessary to make this explicit via some "<generic values>"
> macro?

No, I'd do what I'm doing for values in general: define how the module
interacts with features in 2.1, and then explain and allow that the
combination with other modules may modify this. For example, implementing
both css3-background with css3-values will allow 'initial', in addition
to 'inherit', on all the background properties.

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-module/#values

~fantasai