Re: [css3-mediaqueries] and [css3-values]

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011, L. David Baron wrote:

> On Thursday 2011-10-20 17:09 -0400, Yves Lafon wrote:
>>> From [1], the definition of media features are referencing values,
>>> like
>> <integer> (without a link to css3-values), and also <ratio>.
>>
>> However I was not able to find any definition of <ratio> in
>> css3-values. It is defined in [2], but with references to CSS2.1
>> instead of css3-values.
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/CR-css3-mediaqueries-20100727/
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/CR-css3-mediaqueries-20100727/#values
>
> <ratio> is defined in [2].  The others are defined by reference to
> CSS 2.1 (as stated in [2]), since media queries is advancing well
> ahead of css3-values.  What do you believe needs to be changed?

Well, it means that either you will end up with duplication of definitions
between mediaqueries and css3-values, or css3-values will be incomplete.

As the definition of ratio and resolution is already in CR stage, it
shouldn't be an issue to pub them in css3-values, and even adds an edcopy
that it won't change anymore if mediaqueries reaches rec before values is
anywhere near stable, so I just find the current situation suboptimal.

--
Baroula que barouleras, au tiƩu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves