Re: [css regions] Region styling in nested region content

From: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:22:47 -0700
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com<mailto:alexmog@microsoft.com>>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:43:47 -0700
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com<mailto:hyatt@apple.com>>, "www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org> list" <www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org>>
Subject: RE: [css regions] Region styling in nested region content

 From: David Hyatt
 Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:01 AM

 Does region styling apply across region nesting? For example if I have a region
 A, and then the flow content placed into region A also includes another region B,
 does the flow thread content that goes into B also get styled as though it is in
 region A? I'm hoping the answer is "No", since otherwise the style computation is
 just going to be really messy.

Is the question "should it apply into nested regions by default" or "should it be possible"?

I completely agree that region styling won't apply beyond one level.

>> I agree too.

If however a nested region also has region styling it should work, shouldn't it?

>> Yes, I think so.

Vincent