RE: CSS3

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:42:16 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, robin brunet <robinsden@live.ca>

[Tab Atkins Jr.:]

> That is entirely a question of what validator you use.  Validating CSS is
> completely outside the purview of the CSS Working Group.  I don't know of
> any good validators in particular for modern CSS.
>
> ~TJ
I suspect Robin refers to the W3C's CSS validator at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/.

This will report :nth-child() as an unknown pseudo even though Level 3 Selectors is a REC.

On that end I suspect the answer is that the main cause for delay is that valid==REC status.
And then someone has to update the validator.