Re: [css3-speech] LC comment: voice-rate percentages

Hello Greg
just a heads-up to let you know that the CSS Working Group has reviewed this issue, and the consensus is to make a minor editorial improvement in order to clarify the effect of percentages, using more common terms such as "slower" and "faster". Regarding the authoring guidelines and good practices, the CSS Working Group agrees that this is out-of-scope as far as the CSS Speech Module is concerned. However, note that I started to track-down a number of cross-cutting concerns that will need to be discussed in collaboration with other groups (including WAI). To be continued, watch this space.

As per the W3C process, you may choose to accept this resolution, or you may decide to raise an objection. Please let us know, and thanks again for your valuable input regarding screen-reader usage.

Kind regards, Dan