Proposal for new CSS property 'textfit'

From: Chris Hester <ch@christopherhester.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 20:03:49 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
I have a proposal for a new CSS property called 'textfit'. It enlarges
the font size (and adjusts other properties) of all text inside a box to
ensure it fits the edges as closely as possible. The text can thus be
made to fit horizontally, vertically, or on all sides. I have made a
demo with a live simulation, along with a screenshot and a full
explanation of the CSS property values required. The demo is here:

http://www.designdetector.com/demos/textfit-demo.html

I welcome any feedback on my proposal. Thank you.

Chris Hester
www.designdetector.com