Re: [css3-regions] Does flow-from or content win?

From: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:01:35 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
From: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com<mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com>>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:00:57 -0700
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com<mailto:stearns@adobe.com>>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org> list" <www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: [css3-regions] Does flow-from or content win?

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com<mailto:stearns@adobe.com>> wrote:
What's the motivation for making flow-from trump content? Could we remove
that text?

I agree that we should swap this trumping.  "content:normal" should
respond to 'flow-from', but other values should override and do their
thing as normal.

I don't have a strong feeling about this. We had to define a precedence rule for the two properties and we picked this one. I have added this to the list of issues.

http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css3-regions?&#issue-22content-vs-flow-from-precedence

Thanks,
Vincent