Re: [css3-speech] LC comment: aural/speech events/modifications cued by ARIA properties/attributes

Hi Greg, I agree with your comments. As you say, this is out-of-scope as far as the CSS-Speech specification is concerned, but WCAG could eventually publish guidelines as to how CSS selectors can be used to target elements that are marked with ARIA attributes. Recommended authoring practices would be useful indeed, and I have always felt that this needs to be a concerted effort. Perhaps a W3C Community Group charter could encompass the cross-cutting concerns that apply to speech synthesis in web-pages (e.g. CSS-Speech, ARIA, HTML5 audio/video, HTML-Speech, Audio API, Forms speech input, etc.).
Regards, Daniel