Re: [css3-images] simplifying radial gradients - Spotlight example

My desired approach in the modified version I created was to show that it could be done with a simpler syntax, allowing authors to leverage their existing knowledge of authoring backgrounds to get that effect, without having to learn a new, mostly redundant syntax for getting the same effect inside the image itself.

You didn't say "my desired approach" before, you said "the desired approach". The desired approach I took is as described above. I think we should both try to refrain from sarcasm. It's not helpful.