Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

If display makers worldwide agreed to keep virtual resolutions low on small
screen devices, then this wouldn't be a problem.  To my knowledge, this has
not happened, and in my opinion it's a kludgy solution.

The bottom line is that if UAs do not intend to implement real inches and
centimeters, then they should be completely deprecated, to be succeeded by
something more useful for responding to display size.

It doesn't matter whether vendors fix their broken units, implement totally
new units like "truemm" or "pin" (physical inches), or a constant like
"physical-width".

-Brian