From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org<mailto:robert@ocallahan.org>>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 21:51:44 -0700
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com<mailto:chuck@jumis.com>>
Cc: Adobe Systems <vhardy@adobe.com<mailto:vhardy@adobe.com>>, "www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org> CSS" <www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org>>, "public-fx@w3.org<mailto:public-fx@w3.org>" <public-fx@w3.org<mailto:public-fx@w3.org>>, SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-svg-wg@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: [css-shaders] CSS shaders for custom filters (ACTION-3072)

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com<mailto:chuck@jumis.com>> wrote:
As an author, I will have to write additional code to manage extent information on a filter that is applying a user-controlled displacement map.

That code can be extremely hard to write, and if written the obvious way it repeats the content of the vertex shader.

I really want to find a way to automate this.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." [1 John 1:8-10]