Re: User Agents Do Not Implement Absolute Length Units, Places Responsive Design in Jeopardy

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 20:41:08 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>, Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
+1 on a new semantic to express actual sizing, when the UA has a
reasonable expectation of expressing the correct values.

I'd certainly like to have means in addition to media queries, to expose
such values.
Using min and max for brute-force detection of floating point values is
a bit tedious.

-Charles