Re: [css3-animations] display:none, visibility:hidden and animations

On Tuesday, October 4, 2011, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Precisely.  JS animations work over specified values, but the
> principle is the same.  You know what the values are, and in the case
> of the display:none element itself, you're not fighting against
> performance optimizations either.

What is the use case for animating elements that are display none? One I can
think of would be to somehow use CSS animations to update (generated)
content on a page and then by setting display to none, you would be
disrupting the update of the content. But it seems like a terrible hack to
do this in any case.