Re: [css-regions] The region-overflow property

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 21:37:03 -0500
Cc: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
On Oct 4, 2011, at 9:03 PM, Alan Stearns wrote:

>  (b) we could add the clip-at-break behavior to everything (which might be useful).

I don't think it's useful to generalize beyond regions. All other pagination models are allowed to implicitly create more "regions" to accommodate overflowing content, so this situation just doesn't occur in multi-column layout or printing. Only regions have a concept of "this is the last region and there are no more pages available to put stuff in."

I guess viewed in that light, leaving the spec as is will probably be fine.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)