Re: [CSS21] [css3-page] page-break collapsing

On 11/30/2011 02:22 AM, Simon Sapin wrote:
> Le 29/11/2011 17:45, fantasai a écrit :
>> At TPAC we resolved to clarify CSS2.1 to say that the 'page-break-before' and
>> 'page-break-after' properties don't create a break if you're at the top of the
>> page, where at the top of the page means no content has been placed, with
>> borders not counting as content but empty zero-height blocks counting as content.
>
> Do anonymous blocks containing only collapsible whitespace count as content too?

No, because they don't exist.

> Example document fragment:

> It is my understanding of sections 9.2, 9.4.1 and 16.6.1 of CSS 2.1 that white-space between blocks ends up in a zero-height
> anonymous block:
>
> The white-space is text and thus generates an anonymous inline box.

You missed this part:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#anonymous
   # White space content that would subsequently be collapsed away according
   # to the 'white-space' property does not generate any anonymous inline boxes.

~fantasai